Koh Pha-ngan is one of the most famous islands in the world. It is well known for the Full Moon Party held every full moon at the beach of Hat Rin in Koh Pha-ngan.
A large number of tourists from all over the world visit the island and take part in the Full Moon Party’s all-night festivities, especially in the summer.
Apart from full moon party, by day, you’ll find a lovely island with coconut trees and plenty of sandy white beaches. Koh Pha Ngan is also a good place for diving and snorkeling. The most popular sites are “Hin Bai” and “Samran”, where different kinds of colorful corals lie, waiting for divers to discover its beauty. Bedides, these sites are home to a variety of amazing sea animals, e.g. clownfish, harlequin shrimps and parrotfish. Or you can take one day trip to Koh Tao is which is the perfect place for diving also.
If you are planning to join full moon party, recommend is that you should come at least 4 day before the party in order to find cheap and nice place to stay. The closer you get to full moon party, the more prices will go up. There are lot lovely and reasonable price hotels all over the island which are not on online booking services. Just come early and finding room and spend time chilling on the beach or diving before the date of Full Moon.
How to get there
There’s no airport on the island, so everyone comes by ferry.
From Bangkok, there are a lot of overnight buses or train to Surat Thani on the mainland. Then connect the ferry boat from Surat Thani to Koh Pha Ngan. Normally the combo ticket including bus and boat is around 600-900Baht. However, the closer full moon party date, the higher price will be. On arrival, you’re dropped off at the main pier in Thong Sala. From there, it’s a 100-baht taxi ride to Haad Rin.
We recommend you to book your bus/train and boat combo ticket well in advance (2-3 weeks before D-Day) because as the dates approach, the seats fill quickly and the fares go up by hundreds of baht.
Check price Bus /Train and Boat from Bangkok to Koh Pha Ngan>>Click Here
Full Moon Party Dos and Don’ts Tips :
- Come early to find room and spend time diving or chilling on the beach.
- Book the bus ticket in advance to prevent full booking and high price
- You are not recommended to rent a motorbike if you are not familiar with roads on the island. Some roads are steep and some are unpaved with holes.
- But if you rent the motorbike, when you come to the party, leave your rented motorcycle behind. DO NOT plan to ride back.
- At the Full Moon Party, beware of pickpockets and snatchers. There will be lots of people at the party so take care of your belongings, especially, cameras, phones and purses or wallets.
- Don’t go barefoot because someone may have left his broken beer bottle on the beach.
Now get the bag packed and let yourself loose and enjoy the party!
Full Moon Party Dates of YEAR2016
Saturday 21 May 2016
Sunday 19 June 2016
Thursday 21 July 2016
Thursday 18 August 2016
Friday 16 September 2016
Monday 17 October 2016
Monday 14 November 2016
Wednesday 14 December 2016
Sunday 25 December 2016
Saturday 31 December 2016
Thursday 12 January 2017
Saturday 11 February 2017
Saturday 11 March 2017Tags:Beach, Boat to Koh Pha Ngan, Bus ticket to Koh Pha Ngan, Diving, Full Moon Party, Full Moon Party Date, Had Rin, Hadrin, Koh Pha Ngan, Surat Thani, Thailand, Train ticket, Visit Thailand